£38000 - £41000 per annum
Part of a major international group, this organisation has a volume manufacturing facility producing high value products for the automotive industry. The plant is currently undergoing a period of transformation and capital investment to ensure the business remains competitive in an ever changing environment. As a result an experienced Shift Manager is sought to oversee a three shift production operation.
Job title: Production Shift Manager - Nights
Industry: Automotive / high volume manufacturing
Salary: Very competitive
Hours: Permanent night shift 10pm - 6am
Location: Shropshire, commutable from North Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Kidderminster, Cannock, Telford, Shrewsbury areas.
- To lead and supervise a team managing resources and processes in a highly automated manufacturing facility.
- Responsibility for all aspects of departmental health, safety, environment and waste streams
- Manage, lead, develop, coach and engage a team of employees by deploying strong leadership qualities.
- Set clear expectations of the team, build an understanding of the plant & processes and identify bottlenecks & opportunities.
- Optimise plant uptime by scheduling in maintenance requirements that fit best to avoid production downtime.
- Carry out HR duties in a timely, professional manner such as absence, appraisals and return to work interviews.
- Ensure shift handovers take place at the workstation to ensure production continuity.
- Drive the team to deliver targets on time to assist meeting the business plan
You will already be an experienced Shift Manager, Shift Supervisor or Production Manager working within fast paced high volume automotive manufacturing environment and seeking your next career step with global organisation.
- Experience of leading teams in a high volume, pressurised automotive tier 1 manufacturing environment
- Experience of coaching and mentoring a team.
- Experience of optimising automated production facilities incorporation robots and volume single piece flow
- Delivery of continuous improvement/ lean manufacturing objectives
- Able to plan and organise manning, materials and production in a busy environment along with excellent management, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Assertive, independent and self sufficient with the ability to cope effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to drive performance against KPI's
- Good oral & written communication skills
- Management or supervisory qualifications ; ILM, NVQ4, HNC, Degree
Our client is an international market leader in the manufacturing of high value automotive components supplied directly into a major automotive OEM. In return our client is offering a very competitive salary including shift allowance, paid overtime, pension contribution, life assurance, staff discounts and corporate discount schemes. More importantly this is a fantastic opportunity to influence a modern manufacturing factory and lead a team to become world class operation.
Please apply online or call Sandeep Dhillon for a confidential discussion.
At Technical Network we use our relationships to represent Talent and Industry - with our specialist recruitment and industry knowledge connecting the two. Specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & drink market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles
Head of Manufacturing - Technical & Engineering