E Riding of Yorkshire
£60000 - £80000 per annum
HSE Recruitment have been engaged by a leading oil and gas company to recruit a new HSSEQ Manager. We are looking for a technically strong Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality Manager who will be responsible for the lower tier COMAH site in East Yorkshire.
As a key member of the senior leadership team you will be the go to technical expert on site, leading the HSSEQ Department. You will work transparently and collaboratively across the site, sharing knowledge to drive improvements across the department. You will support and respect the team, work with them to achieve company and department goals, challenge the status quo and be open and honest. You will manage a small safety and security team on site and must be capable of wearing more than one hat.
• Actively coaching and mentoring all departments/functions on safety, security, environmental issues, quality and contingency planning
• Input, implement, manage and control relevant risk assessments, work programmes and leadership for the HSSEQ Programme, including relevant results and status reporting
• Plan, develop and implement strategy for HSSEQ management so as to meet agreed organizational performance plans and KPIs timely and within agreed budgets
• Manage all HSSEQ activities for the facility in a safe, optimal and cost conscious manner
• Develop, maintain, control, implement and continually improve the management system, supporting all activities, relevant ISO standards and the Major Accident Prevention Policy (MAPP)
• Provide all necessary advice to ensure that all activities are performed in accordance with applicable Permits, Acts, Regulations, Guidelines and business requirements
• Plan, coordinate and implement the required Emergence preparedness and firefighting drills
• Develop and maintain policies & procedures for operation of the facility and Implement safe systems of work
• Preside and coordinate all health & Safety Committee meetings, and take an active role in obtaining a good and healthy working environment
• Contact with Authorities in HSSEQ related matters
• Ensure suitable physical security measures and procedures are in place and are robust enough based on the sites threat profile.
• Experienced HSSEQ manager operating at a similar level within another organisation with strong, current HSE knowledge.
• Diploma Level qualification in Health and Safety. Additional engineering or scientific qualification would be highly advantageous.
• COMAH experince would be highly desirable but we may consider someone with process safety experience within other high hazard industries.
• Process safety and knowledge of operational production and risk based maintenance work practices.
• Experience working on an Environmentally permitted site
• Experience working with the HSE authority and intervention plans
• ISO Experience across 9001, 14001 and 45001
• Man management desired
• You must live in permanent residence at least 1 hour from Hull due to the on call function that will be required with the role.
Salary is £60,000-80,000 dependant on experince.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role and feel your skills and experince match what we are looking for then, please apply or send your CV to email@example.com and we can arrange a call to discuss further.