£40000 - £45000 per annum
HSE Recruitment have been engaged by a growing SME who are seeking their first ever Health and Safety Manager to cover a range of high-risk manufacturing sites in the South of the UK. This is a really exciting opportunity to join a company where you are going to build upon what they already have but not in the shadow of a previous H&S professional. This role offers that balance of being able to shape their health and safety strategy, reporting directly into the Board as well as coaching and mentoring at site level.
This is a family owned business who are growing rapidly and have been going for over 100 years so are stable business who have a very good reputation as a local employer. They are developing as a business, making changes to work more collaboratively together in what is already a very flat structure with an open door policy. This is a brand new role so you can put your stamp on and really make a difference.
H&S previously fell to the Directors and they now need someone dedicated to H&S and to drive that continuous improvement as they continue to grow. At the minute, the sites do take a lot of responsibility and they don’t want this appointment to mean people feel that it isn’t their job anymore. It is about supporting the site to help them improve, to advise and guide them but not do the job for them so to speak.
This role will be based at the Head Office in Swindon 1 day a week, but you will then be travelling across the other 5 Locations in the area which range from; Dorchester, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire.
Skills and experince required:
• Someone who will communicate well and engage with the business, challenge the status quo in the right way. Support the business in improving what is there and continuing to improve. A team player who is confident at all levels, reporting to the board and keeping them up to date with what is happening as well as being very comfortable on the sites and engaging at ‘shop floor’ level.
• Attention to detail- be able to plan, organise and lead compliance activities
• Ideally, we want a Diploma Level qualification in H&S but we will not rule out NEBOSH Certificate or someone working towards their Diploma.
• Someone who has held a similar role before and even better would be someone who has set up a function from scratch before.
• Experince in Quarries/Aggregates/Waste would be advantageous but other industrial environments such as manufacturing/engineering will be considered.
• Multiple site experince
Interview process with be an informal MS Teams chat followed by a second stage interview; face to face, site tour, presentation and panel interview.
Salary is up to £45,000 + car/travel allowance of £10,000.
If you are interested in finding out more please send your CV to email@example.com or apply directly.