Part of a major international group, this organisation has a volume manufacturing facility producing high value products for the automotive industry. The plant is currently undergoing a period of transformation and capital investment to ensure the business remains competitive in an ever changing environment. As a result an experienced Production Team Leader is sought to oversee the double shifts production operation or permanent nights shift.
Job title: Production Team Leader
Industry: Automotive / High Volume Manufacturing
Salary: Very competitive
Hours: Double Days or Permanent Nights (at the moment)
Location: Shropshire, commutable from North Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Kidderminster, Cannock, Telford, Shrewsbury areas.
Job Purpose for the Production Team Leader
- To lead a team, managing resources and processes in a highly automated manufacturing facility.
- Responsibility around health, safety, environment and waste streams
- Manage, lead, develop, coach and engage a team of employees by deploying strong leadership qualities.
- Set clear expectations of the team, build an understanding of the plant & processes and identify bottlenecks & opportunities.
- Ensure shift handovers take place at the workstation to ensure production continuity.
- Drive the team to deliver targets on time to assist meeting the business plan
- The ideal candidate will have shown a progression in their career and would have received some formal leadership qualifications.
You will already be an experienced Team Leader, Manufacturing Team Leader, Production Team Leader working within a fast paced high volume automotive manufacturing environment and seeking your next career step with global organisation.
- Experience of leading teams in a high volume, pressurised automotive tier 1 manufacturing environment
- Delivery of continuous improvement/ lean manufacturing objectives
- Assertive, independent and self-sufficient with the ability to cope effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to drive performance against KPI's
- Good oral & written communication skills
About Our Client:
Our client is an international market leader in the manufacturing of high value automotive components supplied directly into a major automotive OEM. In return our client is offering a very competitive salary for the Production Team Leader including shift allowance, paid overtime, pension contribution, life assurance, staff discounts and corporate discount schemes. More importantly this is a fantastic opportunity to influence a modern manufacturing factory and lead a team to become world class operation.
Please apply online or call Sandeep Dhillon for a confidential discussion.
At Technical Network we use our relationships to represent Talent and Industry - with our specialist recruitment and industry knowledge connecting the two. Specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & drink market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles