£50000 - £55000 per annum
Planning & Logistics Manager (Manufacturing)
£50k to £55k (potentially more for the right candidate)
This Derbyshire based manufacturing business is seeking a Logistics & Planning Manager to support the ongoing development and improvement of the business. The purpose of the role is control of master production scheduling and to ensure that all bought in materials and internally assembled or cut materials are available and at the correct quality standards for production needs, ensuring OTIF is achieved. You will be managing the flow of materials being ordered from the supply chain, logistics into site and the following line feeding of materials to production against the production plan. You will be managing the Master Production Schedule and the process of planning material needs to meet production schedules and ensuring all materials and labour are available, on time and at the correct quality with all activities being managed through the site MRP/ERP SAP based system. As the Logistics manager you will play a key role in managing the site inventory and stock profile, eliminating excess inventory levels to deliver cost savings while ensuring material availability to achieve the delivery of on time, in full manufacturing. In addition, you will manage outgoing logistics ensure customer satisfaction and on time delivery.
This is a role that will see you predominantly managing inbound and outbound logistics, material availability and inventory control through processes, information/data and people.
Key content within the role includes:
• Ensure all elements of production are scheduled to maximum capacity/capability including machines, assembly and sub assembly.
• Ensure outgoing deliveries are scheduled in an efficient manner and achieve total customer satisfaction.
• Schedule activities in relation to the delivery of raw materials to meet production schedules and manage material flow across the site.
• Control the factory and sites stock including finished goods, ensuring an efficient stock rotation and adherence to the stock profile.
• Key member of the site management team, working together to drive the site’s performance to agreed KPI targets
• Labour cost per area.
• Adherence to plan.
• Weekly quantity produced KPI.
• Adherence to stock profile.
• Materials adherence to stock profile.
• Material consumption
• Machine efficiency through planning.
• Stock control and stock management of materials.
• Management of Production Planning
Key Role Objectives
• Ensure all manpower and machinery resources are utilised in an efficient manner and meet the factory’s delivery performance, financial targets and other KPI’s.
• Set departmental and individual targets for operators to ensure weekly KPI’s are achieved including warehouse personnel.
• Lead period end stock takes ensuring they are completed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
• Plan and Manage the manufacture of Pre-Flight materials.
• Ensure raw materials are ordered and planned for delivery in a timely fashion to ensure production schedules are met.
• Ensure any material to be cut on site is done so to ensure production schedules are met.
• Manage the Master Production Schedule in line with the companies order and delivery profile.
• Monitor and control the quality of incoming materials.
• Ensure all relevant material certificates/documentation is managed in line with company processes
• Monitor staffing levels and overtime to ensure site targets are achieved within budget.
• Ensure regular communications with all employees are maintained in line with the company and operation functional strategy
• Collate and analyses performance metrics, submit factory and Group reports.
• Undertake any reasonable management requests
• Applicants must be able to demonstrate extensive experience/management in supply chain material management and inventory management/planning within a busy and demanding manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of SAP and master data or similar ERP/MRP systems would be advantageous
• Strong working knowledge of Lean Tools, 5s, Kanban, Kaizen and similar.
• Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff across the structure
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
If you would like more information on this vacancy or would like to apply please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Philip Bloomer of Procurement People.
Danielle Hughes 123