HSE Recruitment have been engaged by a leading manufacturing company to source a new Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager at their site in Rotherham. Your role, leading the HSEQ Department, is to ensure the development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of the company’s HSEQ policies, processes, and procedures. Ensuring best practice and championing a continually improving HSEQ culture within the business.
This role will cover Health, Safety, Environment and Quality across two sites in Rotherham (one manufacturing and one warehouse) with circa 150 staff and reports into the General Manager.
Health and Safety is certainly the focus for this role as the business is early on in its journey of shifting from a culture of ‘we have always done it this way’, to a much more positive culture, were safety is moving up the ladder and people are taking accountability. This position is key in continuing to keep momentum going as well as providing a clear strategy and plan for the future.
The Environmental aspect of the role includes managing ISO 14001 and helping the business to be more sustainable. Regarding Quality you will manage ISO 9001 and a team of 3 very competent quality professionals but it is around 10% of the role.
What we are looking for:
• We are looking for a competent and experienced HSE or HSEQ professional who has a number of years’ experience in a similar level role taking the lead for a business.
• A Diploma level qualification in Health and Safety would be desirable but we will consider NEBOSH Certificate level if you are working towards a Diploma level qualification.
• Experience managing ISO 14001, 45001 and 9001 with lead auditor.
• Environmental experience is essential and a qualification would be desired.
• Experience with managing a quality function or aspects of a quality function is required.
• Experience in manufacturing and warehousing would be beneficial but we may consider other industries if you tick the other boxes.
• Equally important, along with the technical skills is personality fit. We are looking for a driven, confident and enthusiastic professional. Someone who is not frightened to make a decision, can offer solutions to problems and who has the gravitas and conviction to stand their ground.
Salary for the role is up to £45,000.
If you are interested in finding out more, please send your CV to email@example.com or apply to the advert and we can have a further conversation.