HSE Recruitment have been exclusively engaged by one of the UKs largest utilities companies to help recruit an engaging and proactive Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Advisor (HSEQ) at their site in Bury St Edmunds. This role has been created due to growth in the HSSEQ function and the decision by the company to have a dedicated professional on each of their Upper Tier COMAH sites to truly help improve and drive their safety agenda and desire to be a much safer place to work.
If you are an hands on, visable, technical HSSEQ professional with extensive high risk experience who wants to join a progressive company who are investing in safety then this is the role for you.
Our client are an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in their people's skills and knowledge is integral to the success. They ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by a culture of expertise, safety and trust. They are going through a real step change with safety which you could be a key part of.
The role will assist the site management in achieving its health safety, security, environmental and quality aims across all site operations to ensure the site remains legislatively compliant, and complies the companies HSSEQ management systems. You will develop a safety first and quality culture, with particular emphasis on regularly inspecting and auditing the facility to ensure production demands do not detract from safety, quality or compliance policies and checking that all site and visiting management display visible leadership.
What we are looking for from a successful candidate:
• A Diploma level qualification in H&S (or working towards).
• Experience working on a COMAH site would be highly advantageous or a strong understanding of.
• Proven experience in Oil and Gas site operations would be highly desirable but we may consider other aligned high risk sectors such as Utilities, Engineering, Chemical, Construction etc.
• Accident Investigation practitioner.
• A qualified ISO 9001 auditor would be a beneficial as well as knowledge of ISO14001 & 45001.
• Experience and qualifications in Emergency Response. (OPITO MEM would be an advantage).
• Proven ability to make decisions by exercising sound judgement in Emergency Situations.
• Experience of working in hazard identification teams, preparing and evaluating risk assessments and method statements, managing technical contractors and establishing HSSE requirements.
• Experience of collecting data and producing HSE stats and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Excellent communication skills and confident public speaking with the ability to create and give presentations to all levels of staff.
Annual salary is up to £43,000.
If this role is of interested, please apply or send your CV quoting ‘Saxham’ to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a time to speak.