The Executive Network Group’s Logistics & Transport division has a fantastic opportunity to join our international client on a full-time permanent basis in Northampton as Bonded Goods Manager
Position: Bonded Goods Manager
Contract Type: Full-time Permanent
Salary: Up to £35,000
The key responsibilities in this role include;
• Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the relevant HMRC approvals.
• Submission of timely and accurate duty returns to HMRC.
• Supporting the Customs Compliance Manager in ensuring operational compliance in line with UK Excise & Customs legislation to protect both the Customer & our client
• Act as technical resource for local stakeholders for HMRC regulations and best practice.
• Manage and resolve exceptions and errors in the approved manner.
• Writing and continuous improvement of site SOPs and Work Instructions relating to the Bond Function.
• Develop a working knowledge of the WMS / DMS processes and critical interdependencies.
• Develop a working awareness of the HMRC legislation applicable to the role
• You will work closely with the site operations team to ensure that Excise & Customers regulations, policies & procedures are adhered to.
• Previous experience in an Excise & Customs role would be advantageous. As a minimum, experience of a heavily, compliance focused and regulated environment.
• Experience of operational process and controls.
• PC Literate – Intermediate level of Excel is required for reporting purposes.
• Excellent communication, organisation and record management skills.