A Birmingham based Mechanical & Electrical Contractor based in Birmingham are now seeking a Document Controller to work on a busy Birmingham site
As a contractor they are focused on High End Residential and Accommodation projects, between the values of £5M - £28M.
The role of Document Controller will be based on a site in Birmingham, with a requirement to go to a site in London once every two weeks.
Duties of the role include ;
• General project administration including scanning and printing of documents and preparation of required site documents (foreman’s documents).
• Control of all drawings issue from external sources to head office (site specific)
• Monitoring and updating project completion files on server and issuing to Client
• Collating project information for server and assisting in production of O&M manuals if not sourced externally
• Control of ‘as built’ drawings and production alongside engineers
• Control/Organisation of the project diary and planning meetings for project team.
• Preparation for project meetings, including booking of meeting rooms and preparation of refreshments.
• Attendance at all project meetings with Project Manager/Engineer and taking minutes
• Collation of project H&S file, ensuring information is up to date throughout project
• Issuing of latest project information to subcontractors and Engineers, including programmes and technical information
• Issuing of RFI and Technical Submissions to clients and updating relevant schedules.
• Placing orders for office and site supplies, including PPE through Head Office.
• Assisting the project team as required.
• Control of drawings under supervision of Document Control Supervisor.
• Raising general project orders on Trimble.
• Keeping project contacts list updated
• Carrying out JSW site inductions. Shared with other project team members.
• Control of project folder alongside project team.
• Reviewing of all testing and QA documents received to ensure they are correctly completed, with the support of the Project Engineer
• Supporting the QA system for relevant sites and ensuring documents held on Principal Contractor systems are duplicated in JSW files.
• Assisting the foreman with IMS documentation and returns.
• Ensuring that documents are signed by client to allow full application payments.
• Keeping various project trackers updated alongside the Project Manager
Please contact Laura Ruben to discuss on 07500908977 OR Email : firstname.lastname@example.org