The Executive Network Group’s Logistics & Transport division has a fantastic opportunity to join our client, who are a leading international logistics provider on a full-time permanent basis in as a Business Continuity Officer, focused on ISO 22301 & ISO27001.
This role is a hybrid position where trips to the office are on an Ad-Hoc Basis and our client have advised that within a 2 hour commute could be reasonable.
Business Continuity Officer
- Salary: £43,000 + Car Allowance £460pm
- Location: Hybrid – Coventry (Office days are Ad-Hoc and candidate can live roughly up to 2 hours away should you feel this suitable)
- Free Parking
- Enhanced pension scheme up to 8%
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Employee Assistance
- Family Mental Health Support
- Retail/Lifestyle & Partner Discounts
Purpose of the role
The Business Continuity Officer will be responsible for the on-going operation and development of ISO22301 aligned BCMS (Business Continuity Management System).
Reporting to the Head of Risk, you will be responsible for ensuring the BCMS will integrate into the requirements of ISO 27001 and the Information Security Target model as we integrate into the wider business group
- Be the business continuity subject matter expert and point of contact.
- Assist in the coordination of business continuity between departments.
- Coordinate business continuity awareness centrally throughout the Company.
- Manage the provision of business continuity training as requested.
- Act as an internal consultant for those who require help in developing business continuity plans.
- Conduct an agreed number of management reviews.
- Develop with BCCs an exercise programme (covering Incident Management and Department BC Plans) and monitor compliance with it.
- Manage the provision of audits as required.
- Ensure that BCCs complete their yearly requirements.
- Inform the Sponsor of any new or changing requirements for BC.
- Ensure that they (the BCM) are suitably qualified.
- Keep themselves and the BCCs updated of the latest thinking on BC.
- Ensure that training records are kept of all business continuity training.
- Direct succession management of those involved in business continuity and ensure the incoming incumbent is suitably trained.
- Maintain and update a list of BCCs, ensuring that new BCCs are appointed as required and trained in their role.
- Update central business continuity documents.
- Support other areas of Risk Management and the Risk team.
- Prior experience of the development of BC within a multi-site and corporate environment.
- Previous experience of alignment to ISO22301. Understanding and exposure to other areas of general risk management.
- Educated to bachelor degree level or equivalent experience
- Business Continuity Management qualification or demonstrable experience at interview