An International Electronics Manufacturer based in Essex are looking for a Production Planning Manager to join their team at the start of 2022.
Reporting to the Operations Director, your role will primarily be focused on planning for the replenishment of finished stock to the global warehouses and liaising with suppliers and distributors to ensure all direct factory orders are produced and shipped on time. As part of the operational management team you will also support R&D, Sales and Engineering in planning for new launches.
Role: Production Planning Manager
Location: Essex (commutable from Basildon, Southend on Sea, Chelmsford, Romford, Dagenham, Brentwood)
Salary: Up to £50k (depending on experience) + pension + bonus
The key responsibilities for the Production Planning Manager will be:-
- Planning & replenishment of finished stock to our global warehouses, with due regard for customer needs, storage and space constraints
- Liaising with suppliers, distributors to arrange direct factory orders
- Ensuring factories hold sufficient call down stock
- Manage end of line stock and component surplus
- Review and adjust factory production and container plans
- Planning & replenishment of factory free issue stock and spares
- Support R&D, Sales and Engineering in planning for new launches
- Seek to improve waste reduction and productivity
- Problem solving and providing solutions
- Owning, evolving and developing the planning processes
The Experience that is needed for the Production Planning Manager will be:-
- Strong experience in a planning management role or similar supply chain role ideally in a manufacturing environment (in electronics would be the absolute ideal)
- Experience in forecasting techniques
- Experience of working with Chinese manufacturers would be advantageous
- Strong Excel skills
- Good experience of working with an ERP
- Knowledge of SAP Business One would be an advantage
- Open to international travel
This is a great opportunity to be part of a business with true global reach. In the role of Production Planning Manager you will be a key part of the management team & will have a great opportunity to directly influence
Key decisions and moulding the running of a successful global business. This business are creating wonderful boutique products and with a £25m turnover they are looking to increase that figure over the next 2 years.
In return our client is offering a generous pro rata salary & benefits package plus the opportunity to make a real contribution to the success and growth of the organisation.
Apply on-line or call Sandeep Dhillon for a confidential discussion technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services.