A privately owned leading British Manufacturer who supply into major Blue Chip businesses are looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join the management team at their head quarters in Kent. You will be a managing the group supply chain across 3 sites in the UK as well as supporting operations. Operations range from Purchasing, Production Stock Control, Group Stock Management, and MRP (automated and manual) at both Sheerness and Telford branches.
Role: Supply Chain Manager
Salary: £40,000 per annum + pension + pool car
The Key responsibilities of the Supply Chain Manager will be:-
- Oversee Purchasing function for Group including scheduling of tender at regular intervals for high value and large area spends.
- Negotiating stock retention at Supplier in readiness for business requirement (at their cost).
- Understanding the need for maximising payment terms and discussing potential retrospective discount where appropriate.
- Maximise spend efficiencies
- Responsible for overseeing Warehouse Stock Management (storage & retrieval)
- Co-ordinating demand at both manufacturing centres will require a level of skill, expertise and experience to ensure that all End User demands are met, on time and in full.
- Consideration must be given to the effects of stocking too high (space & cash) or too low (non-availability).
- This will require a ‘hands on’ approach to internal processes, by co-ordinating and managing a Supply Chain team of administrators.
- There must be a constant drive to reduce overall Stock Holding (Quantity and Value) with all key stakeholders.
- These will consist of Account Directors, Production Managers, Design Team & Suppliers, with the Supply Chain Manager leading discussions from an expert viewpoint.
- Responsible for Stock Levels and introducing best practice on day to day Production Stock Control.
- Being experienced in the usage and distribution of parts for production (purchased and in house manufactured), you will offer expert management, control and delivery of parts, on a ‘just in time’ basis to continually strive to reduce operational costs.
The key requirements of the Supply Chain Manager will be:-
- Strong experience of managing a supply chain & working with all areas of the business
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Multi-site management would be advantageous
- Extensive experience of managing a MRP system
- Experience of managing a small team
- A valid UK Driving license
This is an exciting opportunity with a business who are moving onwards and upwards and looking to expand their current portfolio of customers. Above all this is an opportunity to make a real contribution to the success and growth of the modern organisation who are continuing to invest in their future.
Apply on-line or call Sandeep Dhillon for a confidential discussion technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services. Representing Talent and Industry, Always