HSE Recruitment are pleased to be working with a manufacturing company in Draycott, Derbyshire to source them a Health, Safety and Environment Specialist.
This company have around 140 staff at their production facility in Draycott. They are a leading manufacturing company making critical products for the defence industry. There are good, robust processes in place and there is a positive culture- they have a behavioural safety programme running at the minute. Things are not perfect however, and they are in need of a hands on professional to keep up the positive momentum.
This role reports into the HSE Manager and in their absence you will deputise. This role would suit an experienced HSE Advisor or someone of a similar level, seeking their next opportunity to work on a high-risk site.
The HSE Specialist is there to support the HSE Manager with regards to all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental. You are responsible for the implementation and coordination of all H&S programmes for the site. Carry out site safety planning to ensure that there are sufficient controls in place to reduce or prevent hazards through managing process safety. You will support the manager in implementing the H&S procedures, carry out site inspections, safety planning. You liaise with external bodies such as the HSE and Environment agency.
- NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum.
- Someone who is an experienced HSE professional perhaps in an advisor, officer, or coordinator capacity right now, ready to take on a more senior advisor position.
- Technical knowledge and application of problem solving and investigation techniques, writing investigation and incident reports, hse systems etc.
- Manufacturing experience is essential
- Minimum of chemical/ COSHH experience but COMAH would be desired
- Good communicator with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Able to influence positive change
Salary on offer is between £42,500- 45,000 and is dependent on experience.
If you are interested in finding our more and feel you match the requirements, please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org