HSE Recruitment Network are proud to be partnering with a leading recycling company in Telford to find them a new Senior SHEQ Co-ordinator. There is a good HSEQ culture on site already, there are strong processes in place, a lot of improvement projects ongoing which demonstrates the business is moving in the right direction. They now just need you, to help fast track the plans and to truly change the culture.
We are looking for an experienced HSEQ professional who is a capable and credible in leading improvement projects, strong on management systems and engaging with contractors and employees at all levels. Someone who can work as part of a team, who can stand in for the SHEQ manager when they are off, who can hold their own and who is experienced enough to stand on their own two feet.
The people who work on site have been described as genuine, nice, honest people who enjoy working together, everyone is quite laid back but do their jobs well and with pride. There are progression opportunities here and within the wider group, great career potential and the chance to improve your skills and knowledge. This is also a state-of-the-art plant with around 100 staff, and you have the ability to make a difference in a unique, high risk site.
Your role responsibilities will include:
- To build on the current management systems to have a robust audit process implemented.
- Improve the standards in Health, Safety, Environment making sure agreed key health safety and environmental objectives are delivered on time.
- Working with all levels of the business and external regulators.
- Ensuring the continued compliance to the many accreditations and certifications.
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
- An experienced HSEQ advisor, officer, coordinator or manager.
- Ideally someone who has worked in or had experience within waste, recycling, or hazardous substances but other transferable environments will be considered such as wider heavy, complex industries with similar risks such as manufacturing.
- ISO 45001, 14001 and 9001 experience.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level qualification.
- Proactive and solutions driven, able to demonstrate track record of achievements.
- Good listener and good communicator, someone who can work with all levels to embed a strong SHEQ culture.
The working hours are 9-5.30 Monday to Friday.
The salary on offer is £48-52,000 + package which includes 25 days holiday, minimum 5% employee pension plus a whole range of other things.
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply or send your CV to email@example.com