A major UK manufacturer based in Essex are currently looking for a Senior Project Engineer to sit within the R&D function at their head office. The business are manufacturing market leading electronics and have a few different brands under their umbrella; who are delivering high end products.
They are a £18m turnover business who are looking to double this in the next 18 months to 2 years. You will be a key component in supporting the completion of projects from cradle to grave whilst working collaboratively with Engineers, Management as well R&D.
The right candidate will have project management experience within a Manufacturing environment and the ability to work autonomously whilst supporting the Senior Project Manager. This would be a good role for a Junior Project Manager, Senior Project Engineer, Project Engineer, Application Engineer, Project Lead, Production Engineer.
The role has hybrid working with 3 days in the office & 2 from home.
Role: Senior Project Engineer
Salary: up to £40,000 per annum (there is some flex around this salary) + pension + bonuses
Location: Essex – commutable from Southend on Sea, Basildon, Chelmsford, Brentwood, Rayleigh, Romford.
The role of Senior Project Engineer will consist of:-
- Proven history of managing projects from cradle to grave (conception to launch)
- Updating the various internal stakeholders along the way of every project including – R&D, Design, Engineering, Management
- Strong understanding of agile processes including Kanban & Scrum
- Experience of working with Gantt Charts & Waterfall planning
- Managing and delivering on a busy project load – up to 10 + projects at any one time
- Through mechanical/electrical/product design engineering experience you will have the knowledge and skill to engage in technical conversations with internal and external parties.
The key requirements of the Senior Project Engineer will be:-
- A qualification in an Engineering discipline (electrical/mechanical)
- A qualification in Project Management (Prince 2 or equivalent) or a proven track record in Project Management
- You will have experience of working in a Manufacturing environment
- Ideally HND/HNC/Degree/Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering (but any engineering discipline will be considered)
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer with a business that has increased its turn over year on year for the past 5 years and are looking to double it in the next 2 years.
This is a demanding role but this business is a manufacturer that are driving technological innovation and would massively appeal to creatives who want to work with a truly passionate team. The role does have clear lines of progression too – with opportunities being created constantly to develop their team.
Please apply online or call Sandeep Dhillon for a confidential conversation technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & FMCG market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles. Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent.