HSE Recruitment are proud to be working with a forward thinking and industry leading, manufacturing company, helping to find them a new Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality Manager at their facility in Carrington.
This role is 50% Environmental followed by H&S and then a small amount of quality. You will coordinate and advise on all of the activities relating to environmental management, environmental permitting, occupational risk prevention, protection of plant and equipment, and quality assurance to ensure compliance with current legislation and relevant company policies. Promote the implementation, maintenance and improvement of site E, H&S and Q Management Systems in accordance with applicable benchmark standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001 etc.) and the company’s own standards.
This business has a strong environmental ethos and this site in particular. They are the forerunner within the group in implementing the safety framework and the EHSQ management structures within the group are collaborative, with opportunities to participate in meetings and projects at corporate level, or with other QSE managers.
There are around 150 people on site, and you have one H&S advisor underneath you. There is a positive culture in place, with active responsibility lying in the line management structure. There is very good engagement in H&S from the site manager, departments manage their own safety, produce their own risk assessments.
Skills we are looking for:
• You must be a strong character, firm and decisive when needed but still someone who everyone can get along with.
• Experience working in a manufacturing/production environment.
• You will be an Environmentally Focused EHS Manager who has worked with Environmental Management systems and A(1) operating permits
• University degree (in technical area or sciences: (engineering, chemistry, physics or environmental sciences etc.)
• IEMA Practitioner status
• NEBOSH Diploma would be an advantage but having a strong Environmental background is more important
The salary on offer is £55-60,000 plus 10% bonus with potential to rise to 15%
If you are interested in finding out more, apply to this advert or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org