Business in Bolton involved in some of the biggest infrastructure projects across the UK are looking for a Commercial Manager with a strong Quantity Surveyor background to join their team.
They have a wonderful reputation in the market and with the opportunity to gain experience on some huge national projects & working with the biggest civil engineering contractors in a rapidly expanding business that is expected to double financial revenue over the next 2 years.
They are currently a £19m turnover business who are involved with businesses across the Defence, Nuclear, Rail & Aerospace sector as well as the EPC Projects. This role has clear lines of progression with realisitic succession planning for the next 18 months.
Role: Commercial Manager
Salary: up to £70k + £5k travel package + pension + life insurance + bonuses
Key responsibilities for the Commercial Manager will be:-
- Experience of business month end reporting and CVR reporting
- Commercial dispute settlement
- Excellent NEC contract experience
- Provide commercial support and leadership to project delivery and ensure that commercial discipline and compliance is maintained throughout.
- Guide and develop all project staff on commercial issues.
- To work with Project Managers to support the efficient and effective execution of projects ensuring Contractual arrangements for cost, quality and delivery are achieved.
- Ensuring all commercial activities are in line with the Commercial Strategy and meet all operational, financial, commercial, legislative standards and targets.
- Provide support to Projects and any tenders for all commercial activities.
- Responsible for open and adequate communication with the Project teams and with the Customer as necessary.
- Manage various projects ensuring delivery of commercial duties in line with contract terms.
- Provide accurate, robust and realistic forecasts in relation to cost, turnover and cash.
- To identify, manage and report risks and opportunities within each project.
A day in the life of the Commercial manager
- Respond to customer’s commercial enquiries and to support their Project Teams.
- To monitor and report on variances to contract terms of their projects, ensuring that all financial procedures are implemented for cost reimbursement in a timely manner
- Provide contractual support to their Project Team and the business.
- To ensure cash-flow is maximized, debtors are kept to a minimum and the WIP level is within agreed limits
- Manage all potential and actual changes to the scope of work, ensuring all variation orders are received and costs are agreed at the appropriate time. Prepare comprehensive information and assess the impact on cost change, installation periods and project completion. Advise client at the earliest opportunity including the provision of correct notices within the required timescales.
- Responsible for open and adequate communication with the Local Board of Directors, Finance, Engineering, Estimating, Procurement, Project/ Operational teams with the customer as necessary.
- Contributing positively to the effectiveness of project team commercial performance to include; priming project managers and their teams on key risks/opportunities in customer contracts, effectively participating as necessary in validation of projects won and interrogating and reporting periodic reviews of forecast profit, turnover and cash receipts for all projects together with active risk and opportunity management
- Ensure Financial and Contractual Control of Sub Contractors accounts, assessing and agreement of variations and assessing and settling of final accounts all in accordance with Company
- To maintain and manage margin levels within the project using innovation and good practice
- Provide accurate monthly reports on expenditure and anticipated final cost of contracts in a timely manner
** Qualified QS **
** Experience operating as a Quantity Surveyor ready to take ‘the next step’ into a commercial position **
** Industry experience –Construction **
**Will have strong experience and sound knowledge of NEC contracts **
** Dispute resolution and mitigation management **
Apply on-line or call Sandeep Dhillon for a confidential discussion technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services.