HSE Recruitment are working with a manufacturing company in Westbury, Wiltshire to find them a new HSEQ Manager. Reporting directly into the MD you have the support and backing to make decisions you feel are needed, you will be trusted to make autonomous decisions and take full ownership. This role offers someone the opportunity to build upon some solid foundations, to change the culture and to push that accountability to managers and staff.
There are around 50 staff in the Westbury site but there are other smaller companies in the UK you may support as they are part of a larger group. Risks on site include mechanical equipment, lathes, CNC machinery, mixing of products, solvents, manual handling etc. This is not a COMAH site but DSEAR and COSHH risk prevalent.
This role is a H&S focused role with quality and environmental coming secondary to this. It will be a hands on role, especially to begin with. They already have some strong foundations in place, including the IMS system and have also made some improvements recently with DSEAR, Machine Guarding and Training. This will be a challenging role in embedding those standards and getting people to take accountability, but the desire is there to change.
The purpose of the role:
- Developing, maintaining, and implementing the Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS) ensuring all necessary documented information required for accreditation to ISO 9001, ISO14001, ISO45001 management.
- The QHSE Manager will provide QHSE guidance to the organisation and support the operational teams to improve the manufacturing processes thereby continually improving the QHSE culture and performance, in line with the organisation’s need to comply with all relevant regulatory and customer requirements, industry best practice, and the agreed business objectives in the short, medium and long terms.
- The QHSE Manager will be responsible for ensuring safe systems of work and safe behavioural practices are implemented at all levels of the organisation.
- The QHSE Manager will lead Non-Conformance reviews to ensure root causes are identified and appropriate corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner in order to prevent repeat occurrences and improve customer satisfaction.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of NEBOSH Certificate but ideally, you would have a Diploma Level qualification in H&S (NEBOSH, NVQ, NCRQ, Degree etc).
- Experienced HSEQ professional with a background in manufacturing with a similar risk profile to the above.
- Strong knowledge of the legislation.
- Strong IMS/ ISO Systems experience.
- Someone strong willed, decisive, and able to hold their own, who can be firm and who will challenge managers and employees.
- Be able to take the legislation and articulate it in a way that they can relate to and explain how it affects them. Be firm and stand your ground when needed but also be pragmatic and solutions focused, meeting in the middle at times.
If you are interested in finding out more, apply to this advert of send your CV through to Aisling.Reid@hserecruitment.co.uk