In this role, you will report to the site Health, Safety and Security Director, acting as their second in command. You will support the Director on their vision and rolling out their strategy in a hands on capacity, managing two H&S advisors.
You have the chance to work for a business that is all about fun and enjoyment and this filters into everyday life here, not just for the guests. Everyone at this organisation strives to ensure a magical and memorable experience for their guests through care, attention to detail, passion, hard work, and ownership of their role and department. This is going to be an extremely diverse and unique role that will push you to challenge yourself and think outside the box.
- Support managers and staff in enabling the delivery of memorable experiences for customers.
- Support managers and staff in ensuring the safe operation of the site.
- Make ‘safety’ simple, relevant, accessible and enabling.
- Support staff and managers in the co-ordination and safe delivery of projects and other off-season activities.
- Deputise for the Director of HSS as directed.
- Ensure the Safety team is valued by the site and something to be proud of.
What we are looking for:
- Diploma level qualified in H&S.
- Leadership experience beyond that of just a technical subject matter expert. Someone who has managed a team, mentored and developed them, made them feel supported and valued and who will educate and coach. Someone who takes a trusting, hands off approach to management.
- Someone technically strong, who has taken the lead on projects, not just as part of a team. Be able to think like a strategic leader but also be that hands on presence on site, getting the best out of everyone. Who can work as part of a team collaboratively and be a strong communicator.
- Someone who has been exposed to difficult and challenging situations which they have reacted to and dealt with well, under pressure.
- Experience/Background – fast paced and variety of experience is good but some experience of public safety is really quite important considering this role is hands on day to day and interaction with the public and the unpredictable nature that brings, such as; retail, leisure, transport, councils, local authorities etc. As long as you have public safety experience we can look at extend beyond those industries.
- Commercial experience or understanding how H&S decisions impact the business and how important customer journey is.
The role will be paying c.£55,000-65,000 plus 33 days holiday including bank holidays, Life assurance- 4x salary, Pension- 4% matched contributions, Single cover Private Medical Insurance and a bonus up to 17.5% plus other additional perks.
The role is a 40-hour week but weekend work will be expected due to the nature of the business but you get time back in lieu. As a result, no hybrid working will be offered, as the ideal candidate will need to be on-site daily, and ideally within an hour's commute.
If you feel you match the skills and experience, we are looking for, please apply or submit your CV directly to Aisling.Reid@hserecruitment.co.uk quoting Head of H&S and we will arrange a call.