In this role, you will report to the site Health, Safety and Security Director, acting as their second in command. You will support the Director on their vision and rolling out their strategy in a hands on capacity, managing and mentoring two H&S advisors.
You have the chance to work for a business that is all about fun and enjoyment and this filters into everyday life here. Everyone at this organisation strives to ensure a magical and memorable experience for their guests through care, attention to detail, passion, hard work, and ownership of their role and department. This is going to be an extremely diverse and unique role that will push you to challenge yourself and think outside the box.
- Support managers and staff in enabling the delivery of memorable experiences for customers
- Support managers and staff in ensuring the safe operation of the site
- Make ‘safety’ simple, relevant, accessible and enabling
- Support staff and managers in the co-ordination and safe delivery of projects and other off-season activities.
- Deputise for the Director of HSS as directed
- Ensure the Safety team is valued by the site and something to be proud of, providing support and development for the two advisors.
What we are looking for:
- Whilst this is a diverse site with many risks, we are looking to consider candidates who come from fast paced and varied background but within that, some experience of public safety is really quite important considering this role is hands on day to day and interaction with the public and the unpredictable nature that brings.
- Technically competent with strong attention to detail- Ideally Diploma Qualified in Health and Safety (NEBOSH, NVQ, NCRQ). We want to know that you have been in challenging and high pressured situations, understand how you have dealt with those and what you have achieved in your career.
- This is a single site role and we require someone to be based locally with an appreciation for the long-standing heritage of the organisation.
- Strong management and leadership skills and experience in a similar level role such as a manager or senior manager. Experience in particular or managing and mentoring more junior H&S professionals.
- Proven track record of delivering to targets
- Someone who is still hands-on, very people-oriented, innovative, fast-paced and passionate.
The role will be paying c.£55,000-65,000 plus 33 days holiday including bank holidays, Life assurance- 4x salary, Pension- 4% matched contributions, Single cover Private Medical Insurance and a bonus up to 17.5% plus other additional perks.
The role is a 40-hour week but weekend work will be expected due to the nature of the business. As a result, no hybrid working will be offered, as the ideal candidate will need to be on-site daily, and ideally within an hour's commute.
If you feel you match the skills and experience we are looking for, please apply or submit your CV directly to Aisling.Reid@hserecruitment.co.uk quoting Head of H&S and we will arrange a call.