Position :- EHS Advisor
Company :- FMCG Food Manufacturing Company (Complex and fast moving food manufacturing site, part of a large well-established group)
Location:- Single site in Manchester (Rochdale)
Salary:- £40,000 per annum + 5% bonus + good pension
Reporting to Head of EHS with a dotted line to the Factory Manager
Are you a HSE professional with fast moving manufacturing experience who is looking to further develop their career in HSE?
Can you engage, gain buy in and influence others?
Do you want to facilitate change and be involved in interesting and diverse projects which will improve safety culture and behaviours at the site? Then this could be the role for you!
Main Responsibilities :-
- Be accountable for ensuring site’s health and safety management systems are up to date and are compliant with health safety legislation and companies standards
- Be the first point of call for information and advice to maintain site statutory compliance.
- Take control and develop existing and upcoming site health and safety projects, including training, and risk assessments (RA), ensuring all are kept up to date and available.
- Work closely with the Site Factory Manager and Head of HSE to ensure all health and safety related issues above manager level are reported through the right channels
- Promote a culture that enhances behavioural awareness to reduce accidents and near misses. Help support the company to become interdependent
- Maintain and develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including site teams, head office and wider business
- Coach and mentor the workforce in regards to EHS to enable staff growth and development and continue to encourage the staff to take accountability for EHS
- Lead on ensuring the site OHSMS audit status is maintained (ISO 45001).
- Lead on chemical control and CoSHH assessments across the site.
- Assist and progress issues with regulatory authorities on key matters including fire risk assessments, RIDDOR reporting and emergency planning.
- Act as site lead for external auditing and regulatory requirements i.e. Insurance, Environment Agency (EA) HSE, ISO 45001 auditors.
- Ensuring all environmental data e.g. waste, emissions, legislative requirements are adhered to and are correctly reported to the business and externally as required.
- Act as the site responsible person for CoSHH (records, assessment, control), CDM, Emergency evacuation, Fire Liaison, waste management performance, PPE control, RIDDOR reporting.
- Analyse site’s H&S training needs by requesting appropriate training to L&D dept.
Qualifications and Experience :-
- NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum is essential
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is essential
- ISO 14001 implementation experience is desirable
- Level 2 food safety is desirable
Preferred characteristics and personality traits :-
- Hands on and visible on site
- Not afraid to challenge others, but in the right way.
- Able to coach, mentor and engage others
- Enable the workforce to come up with solutions to EHS problems
- Self – motivated, able to work autonomously
- Flexible and informal in approach to EHS
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.
Sophia Darwin 268