West Midlands based Manufacturer owned by a bigger Global group are looking for 2 x Buyers to join their business with a proven track record of direct buying in Engineering/Manufacturing businesses.
Reporting into the MP&L Manager, the Buyer roles will have responsibility for the commercial side of the Supply chain.
Managing upwards of £11million pounds worth of spend, across a very varied and diverse supply base.
the buyer will be key in developing key partnerships through supplier consolidation, resourcing & development.
The Right Buyer will have experience in either direct Material buying (sheet metal) and/or technical buying (components/valves etc)
The business are actively looking to change their buying processes and re-evaluate their supply chain and a big part of the role would be to source more UK based businesses to build long term partnerships with.
Role: Buyer x 2 (Raw Materials/Technical Engineering Buyer)
Salary: up to £50,000 per annum + Pension + benefits
Location: West Midlands (commutable from Dudley, West Bromwich, Wolverhampton, North Birmingham, Kidderminster, Walsall, Stourbridge, Oldbury, Tipton)
Hybrid Working: 3 days office/2 days home
The key responsibilities for the Buyer will be:-
- Prepare Contracts and Supply Agreements as required following robust supplier quality assessments in conjunction with other functions
- Own sourcing activities (operational, tactical, and strategic) for relevant category of expenditure
- Identify supply risk areas and provide adequate security of supply, focusing on localising the supply chain and improving resilience.
- Initiate and project manage cost reduction activities through to implementation
- Liaising with the Q.C./Production /Innovation and Supplier to maintain agreed quality levels
- Contribution to make vs buy decision making, working with finance to provide clarity of information and assessment to business leadership
- New product representative for purchasing defining supplier selection and all contract terms, working closely with Innovation through the product development life cycle
- Maintain excellent relationships both internally and externally with regular site and supplier visits.
- Proven track record of similar role (Procurement, Supply Chain, Buyer, Technical Buyer, Purchasing) in an Engineering/Manufacturing environment
- CIPS qualified would be ideal for this role
- Proven track record of working with a diverse Supply Chain & a strong track record of direct buying in technical buying or raw materials
- Strong commercial acumen with a strong track record of direct buying in technical buying or raw materials
- Confidence in negotiation within complex procurement activities
Apply on-line or call Sandeep Dhillon for a confidential discussion technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services.