Executive Network Group are currently recruiting exclusively for a Finance Manager to join a black country-based manufacturing business. This is a fantastic opportunity with succession planning in place to become the future FD of the business.
You’ll be responsible for all financial and stat accounting, management reporting as well as acting as a finance business partner. You’ll manage a small team of transactional finance staff and oversee the AP, AR and Credit Control functions. The company are also in the process of implementing a new ERP finance, system, and this will be a project you’ll be heavily involved in.
Some responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for statutory, accounting, tax and VAT reporting for the UK and Europe.
- Take responsibility for month-end close,
- Management of & involvement in statutory audits,
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide advice, support and lead standardisation and improvement of European Financial processes – with the aim of reducing re-work and increasing the value add of the finance team
- Create improved documented standard operating procedures for finance duties
- Submission of Company VAT Returns/Tax Returns as required
- Responsibility for group reporting submission
- Additional reporting as required
- Have strong accounting skills and knowledge and be able to impart this knowledge in the rest of the team, using this experience to enhance and improve the capabilities of the finance team
- Work together with the FD to improve business / management reporting and act as a finance business partner cross functionally
- Ability to lead the team without close management and pro-actively looks to support the General manager, directors, FD and finance team
- ACCA/CIMA qualification
- Knowledge of UK and European Financial Legislation
- Strong Excel and general IT skills
- Excellent professional communication skills
- Management experience