The Executive Network Group’s Logistics & Transport Division has been engaged by a specialist UK Courier to recruit a Transport Health and Safety Manager. This role will oversee their 3 main sort centres in Oldham, Wednesbury, and Hatfield.
This Transport Health & Safety Manager will be a home-based role that requires travel required and an expectation for overnight stays.
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + £5,500 car allowance.
• Manage overall compliance with local requirements and authorities
• Managing the health and safety function and relationship between the Operational team and its delivery Partners/drivers to ensure delivery of objectives
• Proactively engaging in collaborative health and safety projects across all operations sites.
• Providing authoritative advice and guidance on health & safety matters to all stakeholders within designated areas of responsibility including on-road safety.
• Audit Road Safety Compliance and management, continuously driving the improvement of standards where appropriate.
• Providing strategies to plan and organize work systems to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to processes
• Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for Road Safety statistics.
• Providing management information and statistics related to your area of responsibility.
• Supporting business change through effective change management processes within the fast-paced environment.
• Continuous Improvement Management with partners, as well as the development of SOPs, ensuring requirements, guidelines, and policies are communicated and executed by partners.
• Build strong working relationships with internal peers and partners and maintain and improve communication all parties
• Engage with internal and external business teams and stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve performance and service
• Systematically escalate problems or deviations from the plan to the responsible people and teams and make sure that the measures taken are implemented
• Ensure that critical business requirements are met, sometimes with different timelines, review completed operations, and ensure compliance with service requirements.
• Develop and implement road safety strategy and the supporting campaigns
Skills and experience required-
• Diploma Level H&S qualification is desired but we will consider NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum, ideally working towards your Diploma.
• Experience overseeing Transport/ Fleet across multi-sites
• Forward-thinking and confident
• Experience in a similar level role is required
• Extensive experience in risk assessments and hazard spotting.
• Experience in the development and delivery of training.
• Competent IT skills including Web applications, Word and Excel.
• Clean driving license
Additionally, you should have experience across these specific areas of road risk
• Couriers, fleet, and 3rd party drivers
• Grey fleet
• WPT on-site knowledge
• Technologies – prevention of driveways, prevention of trailer roll-always etc
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: email@example.com
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward our details.