Are you a passionate, engaging and proactive Safety , Health and Environmental Professional? Wanting to get involved in shaping the future direction of SHE, to develop and improve behaviours and culture ? Get your teeth stuck in to exciting safety, Health and Environmental projects like Adoption of digital platforms and introduction of new products to the site?
If so, this is the job for you!
Role: SHE Manager
Company: Food Manufacturing – Leading brand
Location: Halifax - large single site
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 + £9,000 car allowance, pension, healthcare, bonus
Seeking a strong professional who will be passionate and engaging in their approach. Able to lead with gravitas, manage change, develop procedures and deliver an effective and positive culture behavioural change programme.
- Key player within the Senior Leadership team
- Develop and implement policies & procedures
- Coaching and mentoring all levels to drive a positive safety culture
- Support and implement companywide SHE policy
- Design, implement, monitor and report site SHE performance
- Promote and drive a culture of continuous improvement of Health & Safety and best environmental practice through the effective engagement of the workforce
- Ensure all incidents are investigated, recorded and reported, identifying and recommending improved practices to reduce accidents.
- Monitor site risk assessment process and provide assistance / advice to site assessors to ensure site risk assessments / safe systems of work are maintained and meet regulatory requirements.
- Co-ordinate Business Unit actions with regard to enforcement authorities / loss adjusters and that any communications are reported to the Head of Operations.
- Manufacturing experience, ideally with prior food manufacturing
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with ISO 45001
- Proven to support and improve cultural and behavioural change
- Change management experience
- Self-motivated and engaging with gravitas
- Strategic and Hands on
- Adaptive thinker
- Strong Leadership and Management skills
- Able to influence, gain buy -in with strong communication skills
- Strong coach and mentor
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration firstname.lastname@example.org // 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.