We are looking for a HSE Manager to be based out of Wellingborough, but you will also cover 6 other UK locations ranging from Dublin, Scotland and London. This role will be approx. 40% travel with 1 week in Wellingborough followed by 1 week visiting sites. The role sits as part of the UK Senior Leadership team and reports into the European HSE Lead.
The sites range in size and purpose although most have a workshop/heavy engineering element and warehouse on site but there are also field service teams you are responsible for. The different sites focus on a range of markets ranging from marine/off-shore to the rail/transport sector to large generators on client sites.
Your impact will be seen in these and other ways;
- To implement and sustain a positive HSE culture through the application of the management systems framework
- Build strong relationships across functions to ensure the organisation understands their roles and responsibilities and are committed to driving a positive HSE culture.
- Lead hazard identification, environmental aspect identification and risk assessment programs to identify strategic risk improvement opportunities and gaps in health, safety and environmental compliance obligations. Manage planning actions to set targets and objectives for the site and supervises actions through completion. Drive improvements to health, safety and environmental performance metrics using a risk-based and data-driven approach.
- Develop and maintain support content ensuring it is up to date, controlled and available while adhering to data privacy regulations. Interfaces with external regulatory bodies as required with the support of the legal department.
- Lead daily health, safety and environmental operations within the site(s) providing support to solve issues, including but not limited to health, safety and environmental compliance, capital and resource management, risk reduction, incident investigation, management of change, contractor safety, emergency preparedness and response, pollution prevention and environmental sustainability.
What we are looking for:
- Ideally Degree level qualified
- NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum but ideally H&S Diploma Level Qualified.
- An Environmental Qualification would also be beneficial (IEMA or NEBOSH Environmental)
- Someone who comes from a varied and field based/multisite background which could be oil & gas, construction, or other field service engineering type companies.
- You must be able to think on your feet, deal with situations as they arise, come up with solutions to various problems and not be phased by the unpredictable nature of a field based risk profile such as this.
- Experience managing ISO 14001 and 45001
- Someone who thinks outside the box, who is innovative and passionate, who can prioritise and react to changing needs, building up strong relationships.
Salary is up to £50,500 plus a company car and other benefits including a bonus.
If you are interested in hearing more then please apply or send your CV to email@example.com