Salary c£65,000 + benefits
An Engineering and Facilities Manager is required for a cleaning products manufacturer based in Staffordshire. The role includes leading, developing and managing the engineering, maintenance, and facilities function, ensuring the smooth running of the plant, including all machinery and asset maintenance. This role includes having 8 direct reports and reporting into the Operations Director.
Previous experience working within Chemicals or highly regulated Food Manufacturer is essential due to the products being manufactured for this company, and also experience within an Automated factory is preferred. A huge part of the role is completely moving one factory site to another and having full autonomy of this.
The role includes:
- Create and communicate a shared vision to provide purpose to the team.
- Lead the transformation of the engineering and maintenance functions, including relocation of a plant and increasing levels of automation.
- Define and lead the implementation of the engineering and facilities management strategy.
- Develop and document the department structure and processes with clearly defined roles, responsibilities, and procedures.
- Conduct regular 121 meetings to review, measure and support the progress of individuals against both personal and team objectives.
- Review team capacity, capability, and succession plans, identifying training needs and implementing additional skills training as required, adjusting resources accordingly.
- Experience of managing engineering projects successfully
- Knowledge of filling and packaging machinery, instrumentation, electrical systems, electronic and pneumatic control systems, plumbing and pipefitting, MIG and TIG welding, bench fitting, steam systems, lifting plant, construction methods, facilities management, waste management
- Degree, HND or HNC in mechanical or electrical engineering
Culture fit is huge for this client and they have amazing staff retention for this very reason!
If you are interested in this position please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org