Hybrid – East Nglia – Permanent – £48,000 per annum
The Executive Network Groups specialist FM division is currently recruiting for a Bid Manager for one of the UKs fastest growing service providers. With a broad range of services including facilities management, property services and specialist care facilities.
As Bid Manager for Soft FM, you will lead the formal tendering process across the groups facilities management businesses, marrying strategic and commercial knowledge to the technical capability provided by the company’s operating divisions and Joint Ventures. Principle service lines will include:
- Building cleaning
- Grounds Maintenance
- Waste Management
Key responsibilities for the Bid Manager
- Ensuring that all bids submitted are of the highest quality and meet their deadline
- Direct line management of a bid writing team, allocating workload as appropriate to ensure the correct skills and knowledge are deployed to each project.
- Developing the bid team through formal training and appraisal to facilitate personal development, provide contingency by multi-skilling, and succession planning.
- Researching and identifying market trends and pricing strategies to develop the company’s commercial position
- Leading the end to end tender process for all bids including; opportunity monitoring/development, registering interest, site visits and briefings, tender preparation/submission, co-ordinating presentations and contract award/debrief meetings.
- Supporting the management of frameworks to ensure that opportunities for both mini-competition and direct award are considered and taken where appropriate
- Actively discovering, monitoring and managing all available future contracts tenders and opportunities in line with the strategic objectives of the business.
Key skills required for the Bid Manager (Not expected to have all)
- Degree educated within a relevant subject, or equivalent
- APMP Certification to Foundation
- Proven knowledge of management of bid processes, and bidding techniques.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the service lines relevant to the role.
- APMP Certification to Practitioner
- Extensive experience working in a bidding environment, with evidence of market leading success.
- Team management including evidence of coaching, development and mentoring of bid professionals.
- Management of a commercial bidding function within a comparable business to Norse.
What’s on offer for the Bid Manager
An exciting opportunity to join a leading service provider who are offering a competitive salary up to £48,000. They offer a great work to life balance, 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays. The Bid Manager would also be put on a great pension scheme plus more company benefits.
If this opportunity isn’t for you but you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in this role, we’d like to recognise your recommendations with a ‘thank you’ of our own. If the candidate you refer was to start the role, we will send you £250 worth of shop gift vouchers.