Salary c£60,000 + £7884pa car allowance
Hybrid working with travel between UK sites
A successful Global Food Manufacturer with multiple UK sites is looking for two Project Managers to joint their established business. The Engineering Project Manager roles consists of the coordination and delivery of all engineering projects across all sites in the UK, so travel to the sites across the North East/Midlands/South East of the UK is required. They are one of the largest producers and distributors in their field and have a turnover of over a billion.
As their Project Manager you will report into the National Engineering Manager and have no direct reports but would expected to manager suppliers and contractors, so experience here is essential.
- To project manage engineering capital (CAPEX ) projects from conception to final buy off/ completion, on-time and to budget.
- Expected to manage several projects simultaneously ranging from a few hundred thousand to a couple of million, but could also be part of a team delivering multi million pound projects.
- Projects will be varied and will be different levels of complexity and will include facilities, plant and equipment
- Projects will incorporate mechanical, electrical, civil, C&I engineering disciplines so the Project Manager needs to be able to manage all disciplines and suppliers, but not necessarily be a technical expect in all of them.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for co-ordinating capital projects to include writing specifications, CAPEX justification, vendor / supplier selection, vendor and contractor management throughout the process and whilst on site, oversee H&S, CDM and risk assessments, project planning & control, budget control. You will be working closely with the finance department to ensure cash flow and budget control measures are taken into consideration.
A successful candidate must be able to demonstrate experience of managing several end to end projects from conception to successful completion of buy off.
Technical skills needed:
- Engineering background – Mechanical or electrical
- Food / beverage manufacturing preferred ; packaging manufacturing considered
- Experience managing capital projects
- Project planning & budget control
- CDM / Risk Assessment and contractor management
- Full driving licence
You will be joining an incredible business, and with them being part of a bigger organisation there is chance to grow and develop within the group and further your career with them. You will be joining a business who is at the front end of the food chain, and has a vast number of projects within the role which are interesting both on site and 3rd party. Job security within this business is also very high due to them being highly established, profitable and have been around for many years.
If you are interested to hear more or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org