Birmingham – Healthcare Manufacturing
Double days shifts
A Healthcare Manufacturer based in Birmingham has two open positions available for Maintenance Engineers to join their successful team. The business excel in what they do, investing heavily in research and development and work with healthcare professionals and educational facilities to continually improve and innovate, designing products that truly change lives both in the UK and worldwide.
The role includes providing breakdown and preventative maintenance for a range of production machinery across the shop floor. There is a mix of manual production cells and increasing fully automated production cells such as, small scale robotics, pneumatics, PLC control or relay control panels, 3 phase electrics; plastic welding, cutting , assembly machines and conveyors.
Must have skills required:
- Maintenance Engineer experience, ideally multi skilled or electrical bias. C&G or BTEC (ONC/ HND) Electrical or Multi skilled preferred. If you are a Mechanical Engineer, then you must consider yourself as multiskilled and/ or experience is relevant
- Fast paced high volume production environment such as Automotive or FMCG
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to investigate route cause of machine failures and instigate both short term and long term solutions
- An individual with a strong work ethic, who is flexible and willing to go the extra mile to support production operations.
PLCs and robotics
Mechanical – mechanisms, conveyors - complex moving machinery
Adaptable – willing to self learn and adapt skills to new machinery and processes ( Most of the equipment is designed either in house or with the aid of systems integrators like Expert Systems, so it is unlikely the candidate will have prior experience with their kit )
There is a huge opportunity in this business to develop your technical skills further, working for a company who invest in product R+D and have new automated manufacturing facilities. Due to this you will be working in modern facilities and for an innovative organisation who really care about their staff.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you and you want to know more, please get in touch! Lucy.firstname.lastname@example.org