With a clear appetite to invest in the business and its staff; you will be backed by the management to meet the long term objectives that the global group are looking to hit in the upcoming years.
Role: Maintenance & Facilities Manager
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 per annum + pension + car allowance + other benefits
The Role of Maintenance & Facilities Manager will be a key position to the business and the right candidate will have good experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment. You will also be technological savvy, able to develop the existing processes, a skilled engineer who is still happy to be hands on & most importantly a good leader with a proven track record in Maintenance Engineering as well as a strong understanding of the facilities requirements of this role too.
The key responsibilities for the Maintenance & Facilities Manager will be:-
- Understand and demonstrate a “Quality First” philosophy ensuring all work carried out on machines does not affect product quality
- Responsible for team development to strengthen the organisation for future sustainability.
- Promote safety first attitude & approach within all Maintenance & Facilities activities.
- support the target for continuous & uninterrupted site operations & provision of site services.
- Identification and early escalation of any identified operations or service provision that has potential as business threat.
- Manage & control sub-contracted site Capital Projects as required.
- Creation & maintenance of Essential Equipment disaster recovery plans & lifecycle analysis.
- Generation and completion of PM schedules for all machinery & equipment.
- Direct the team to promote a predictive Maintenance culture migrating from a reactive Maintenance approach
- Liaise with Operations & Production engineering to identify and implement equipment & process Kaizen activities to improve availability, cycle time, changeover, Overall Equipment Efficiency and Quality
- Produce Monthly reports, tracking key departmental KPI’s and implementing recovery actions/kaizen for any gaps to target
- Preparation/review of Annual Plans for Maintenance, Facilities & Energy budget (Inc. Expenses, Capital Projects, Headcount & shutdown planning)
- Implementation/management of approved budgets utilising a zero-base approach for process costs planning
- Management experience within a Maintenance and Facilities Function within a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Degree educated desirable within an Engineering discipline but will also accept HNC/HND with a strong and proven background in Engineering and Leadership
- The ability to manage people and contribute to the development of your team
- Experience of budgetary compilation and fiscal management.
- A strong understanding of analytics as well as a strong knowledge of IT Systems/PLCs
- A progressive approach – a willingness to evolve and change with the business
Please apply online or call Sandeep Dhillon for a confidential conversation.
Technical Network specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & FMCG market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles. Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent.