The role can be based at home with occasional travel to London, or be offices based (Romford)
The business are privately owned, and provide facilities management services to organisations and communities across a number of different areas.
This is a new role due to company growth, and will report to the Group Financial Controller. It will be a Permanent role, but they will also conider recruiting as a Fixed Term Contract.
It will ecompass a wide range of Management Accounting duties, and be responsible for mentoring/supporting an Assistant Accountant.
Some responsibilities will include:
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Preparation and posting of monthly payroll journals
- Data analysis from business support system(s)
- Review of general ledgers and carrying out Payroll and GL reconciliations
- Preparation and agreement of billing schedules
- Preparation of quarterly VAT reports and reconciliations
- Intercompany balance sheet reconciliations are performed, agreed between entities and subsequent invoicing is issued and paid
- Working with the operational team(s) to financially evaluate business plans and forecasts
- review and implementation of system improvements to ensure efficient financial operations, support business change programmes
- Be fully ACCA/ACMA qualified (or qualified by experience)
- Have strong technical accounting experience, including experience producing management accounts and other internal accounting and management information
- Have good technical knowledge of Microsoft Excel and be an experienced user of accounting software (ideally Sage 50, 100 or 200 package)
- Have excellent numerical skills, an analytical mind, a good eye for detail with top level technical skills in MS Excel (confident with functions such as VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, creating and using formulas and pivot tables)
- Have prior management experience with ability to communicate at all levels and present complex information to both financial and non-financial colleagues
- Maintain up to date knowledge with accounting best practice and related legislation.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Cover
- Nest Pension Scheme
- Health & Wellbeing support including an Employee Assistance Programme
- CPD, training and development opportunities
- Career progression opportunities
- Family Friendly policies
- Flexible Working including Remote and Hybrid working options
- Annual Leave
- Free on-site parking & on-site café