Based day to day at the Norwich, reporting into the Head of QHSE you will actually take the lead of health and safety for the site. If you want an opportunity where you will have the autonomy and freedom to implement your own H&S standards, set your own strategy and work for a growing organisation who value and promote forward thinking and innovative ideas then this could be the role for you.
There are around 120 people on site and risks include biological safety and other fairly standard lab risks like chemicals & processes commonly used in biology, slips, trips and falls.
Key Responsibilities :-
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of Health & Safety in the workplace.
- Partner with Research leads and scientists in development of the safety culture.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of Health & Safety inductions, training, audit and documentation of related processes or procedures.
- Actively engage with stakeholders to promote alignment, standardisation and continuous improvement of Programs, Systems & Processes to the benefit of our broader business.
- Oversee risk assessment and assessment of chemicals and safe systems of work onsite.
- Develop, Document and Implement procedures, processes and documents to comply with company policies.
- Ensure regulatory and legal compliance for all aspects within the scope of Health & Safety.
- Provide expertise & lead in the development & deployment of a H&S Management System.
What we are looking for :-
- Someone who has a strong H&S Background, either operating at a manager level or as an experienced advisor
- Minimum of a NEBOSH Certificate qualification
- Experience working to ISO 9001,14001 and 45001- they don’t hold these but would like to work to these standards
- Biological safety qualification or a background in biological safety would be highly advantageous as well as experience working with GM regulations. If you don’t have this then experience in labs/R&D/Pharma would also be considered.
- Degree level qualified in a scientific field such as plant science, biology, biochemistry or other related fields would again be highly advantageous in understanding the complexity of what is happening on site and in understanding the culture of the site
- A good communicator both written and verbally
- Positive, adaptable, self-confident but also self-aware
- Passionate about what they do but able to work with other people to reach a common goal
They are flexible on salary depending on experience.
If you feel like you could be a good fit for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org