This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HSE Advisor or Manager who wants to have the opportunity to work within a very ambitious and forwarding thinking engineering business, who wants to progress long term in a company and who is open to diversifying their experience and knowledge.
You will report into the General Manager of the plant and sit as part of the site senior leadership team. There are two experienced team members reporting into the role, one is a H&S coordinator and another a business systems specialist managing ISO 14001, 45001 and 9001. The role is based in Lichfield day to day but being part of a Global business there is occasional travel to audit other sites a few times a year and interaction with other UK sites. They also actively encourage you to join projects globally outside of your specialism and broaden your experience.
You will work within the global framework so the vision and overarching goals are there but what you can do is put your stamp on this, tailor it to what your site needs and identify areas for continuous improvement. They are looking into environmental and sustainability projects so are keen for someone to bring experience or enthusiasm to projects such as this. This site has a very good reputation locally, they do a lot around CSR and the H&S culture is very positive on site with ownership of safety sitting with the staff on site. The HSE team’s role here is to facilitate, coach, advise and guide and be the ‘conscience of the company’.
- You will ideally hold your NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) but a NEBOSH Certificate would also sufficient if you are the right fit.
- Strong on environmental and sustainability and holding a NEBOSH Environmental certificate would be advantageous or you must have a real interest in this.
- We are open on background but would ideally be looking for someone with an understanding of manufacturing processes or a factory environment so we will also consider logistics/ warehousing experience.
- Someone forward thinking and who can challenge the norm but also someone who will fit in and do it in the right way. Be able to work with people of all levels and interact and tailor their approach depending on their environment.
- Leadership experience and confident decision maker
- Persistent and resilient
- Someone who wants to work and progress through a company long term
- Hands on, friendly and approachable, someone people will want to work with.
The role is paying a very competitive salary and is dependant on experience.
If you feel you fit the brief, then please apply or send your CV to aisling.reid@hserecruitment to arrange a call.