It is a really exciting time to join the business as they have huge projections for growth, and you can cement your future here at the perfect time. There is a new structure and Group HSEQ Director who has joined and is focusing on creating and setting out the strategy and vision and there is a need for consistency and standardisation across the group. To begin with they need to ensure they have very robust ISO Management systems. It is a balancing act of servicing your division but also the Group’s needs.
This role reports into the Group HSEQ Director and part of a wider HSEQ team but works for one division of the company and dotted line into the Directors here.
The role is based at the facility outside Warrington but also supports a range of small satellite sites in Newcastle, Reading, Derbyshire and Chesterfield. There would be travel to customer sites but to balance out the travel, occasional home working is permitted.
Your duties will be:
- To positively lead the SHEQ function in the business and provide support and high-quality leadership company wide.
- Contribute to the overall performance of the business by being an active member of the business leadership team and a visible leadership role model for health, safety and environment.
- Oversee on-going implementation of the Company Integrated Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Management System and ensure compliance with relevant legal requirements, 3rd party accreditation's and ISO standards through effective assurance processes at business and site level.
- Contribute to the Group’s overall SHEQ strategy development and implementation by working closely and proactively with the Group HSE Director and other health, safety and environmental managers across the Group businesses.
- Set performance targets and ensure accurate reporting against KPIs to Group and business leaders
- NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum but ideally NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
- Experienced HSEQ Advisor or Manager
- Very strong on ISO systems management (14001, 45001, 9001 and 27001)
- Manufacturing, Engineering, Hard FM Services or construction backgrounds will be considered
- Strong communicator and interpersonal skills- be able to balance the needs of the group with your division, making them feel heard and listened to whilst representing the business as a whole. Also, also able to engage at all levels.
- Confident, persistent, and resilient.
- Forward thinking and adaptable.
Salary up to £50,000 + £5400 car allowance. Also, Company Workplace pension (Autoenrollment after 3 months based on qualified earnings), BUPA Cashplan, Death in service insurance, Employee Assistance Program (Run by BUPA), EJAcademy (in house training and development opportunities)
If you feel this could be a good match apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a call.