The FMC Network are currently recruiting for assistant contract managers within the general trades sector. The role is to assist the Contract Manager in the management and delivery of individual or multiple contracts. This is an ideal role for engineers to take a step into management.
Ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with the specific T&C’s identified within the contract and all international standards and specification governing the works. Ensure that all works are undertaken to the highest standards and that the demanding needs of the client are fully satisfied.
- Assist the Contracts Manager in providing leadership, management and direction in a manner consistent with the Group values.
- Responsible and accountable for the efficient and effective management of directly employed labour, subcontractors and agency personnel.
- Ensure that all contractual ‘Out of Ours’ obligations are organised and fulfilled.
- Ensure the Health and Safety of all employees within the post holder’s area under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and that all practices comply with all relevant Health and Safety legislation requirements
- The ability to work from detailed commercial design drawings and diagrams.
- Efficiently and effectively supervisor and/or undertake front line services.
- Work flexibly with programs issued by our clients to enable delivery.
- Focus on energy efficient products/processes with a view to being net zero carbon usage/
- Take responsibility for P&L’s of project that you manage, ensuring profitability and maximizing efficiency through effective use of technology and effective resource management.
- Compile quotations and estimates for clients as required.
- Meet client’s requirements ensuring that all works are delivered to agreed deadlines, timescales and to the standard of the agreed brief.
- Consistently co-ordinate and quality check team outputs and reports.
- Act as customer liaison as required, carrying out surveys and attending client meetings.
- Monitor and manage team resources required for current and future workload.
- Provide professional/technical guidance and advice to clients on all related aspects of maintenance, repair, servicing and refurbishment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory legislation
- Proactively seek to expand the client base and business and be responsible for identifying new business opportunities.