- Salary: Negotiable £60,000 - £65,000
- Bonus: 10% (7.5% Individual, 2.5% Company)
- Location: Derby (Hybrid Working)
- 25 days annual leave, plus additional days for long service
- Employer pension contribution of 1.5x the employee contribution
- Ensure vehicles are suitable for safe operation on the railway system, with due consideration to respective lease obligations
- Review National Incident Reports to identify appropriate remedial actions and manage the implementation of remedial actions as necessary
- Manage the content and delivery of maintenance/overhaul specifications
- Monitor the compliance and delivery of operator’s maintenance
- Ensure the change control process is robustly applied
- Support the supplier accreditation process
- Support the customer/supplier audit activities/process.
- Manage audit Corrective Action Requests allocated to you and your team to closure in a timely manner
- Where applicable provide cross company rolling stock platform support
- Support and deputise for the Head of Fleet Services as required
- Working closely with the Head of Fleet Services, fellow Fleet Asset Managers and the Heavy Maintenance team, ensure that resources are allocated and utilised effectively to meet the overall business objectives
- Produce regular reports detailing issues relating to the fleet and the actions that are being taken to resolve these matters
- Support the general business as required regarding cross company activities, re-leasing and general Fleet management workstreams
- With support from the standards team, deliver heavy maintenance specifications to enable the contracting and delivery of maintenance obligations
- Provide support for contract negotiations of maintenance contracts.
- Provide support for the delivery of maintenance/overhaul and modification projects.
- Provide support for the audit of suppliers of maintenance/overhaul activities to ensure all necessary compliance is achieved
- Support the management of applicable warranty system with both operators and suppliers to minimise risk to all parties
- Ensure that all operator-based engineering obligations are met
- Chartered Membership of Engineering Institution (Or looking to work towards)
- Degree, HNC or equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (Desirable)
- Project management experience (Desirable)
- Extensive knowledge of railway industry rolling stock.
- Contractual obligations and operating lease agreements
- An understanding of asset management requirements including knowledge
- An understanding of vehicle maintenance and overhaul requirements
- Ability to understand and comment upon engineering instructions and drawings