Technical Network are leading a search for a Tier 1 Automotive Supplier. As a Quality Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the delivery of exceptional quality products in compliance with the Automotive IATF 16949 standard. You will be responsible for implementing and maintaining robust quality control processes along with driving continuous improvement initiatives within the organisation.
Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer:
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective quality control measures as per Automotive IATF 16949 guidelines throughout the production process.
- Conduct regular audits to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of quality control systems, identifying areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including production, engineering, procurement, and suppliers to resolve quality-related issues promptly.
- Lead root cause analysis and implement robust corrective and preventive actions to prevent quality defects.
- Analyse quality data, generate reports, and present findings to management and customers.
- Participate in internal and external audits as required, ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and customer-specific requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives through the implementation of Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools.
- Coordinate and conduct supplier quality assessments and monitor their performance to maintain high standards in the supply chain.
Key Requirements for the Quality Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field (Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering preferred).
- Solid experience as a Quality Engineer within the Automotive industry, preferably within a Tier 1 supplier.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Automotive IATF 16949 requirements and quality management systems.
- Strong expertise in utilizing quality tools and methodologies such as APQP, FMEA, PPAP, SPC, MSA, and Control Plans.
- Proficient in conducting root cause analysis, implementing corrective and preventive actions, and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, collaborate with various stakeholders, and provide guidance on quality-related matters.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively communicate quality-related information to team members and management.
- Highly self-motivated, result-oriented, and able to work independently and effectively under pressure.
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and Six Sigma Green/Black Belt certifications are highly desirable.
Interested? Apply now and add me on LinkedIn to stay up to date with new Quality Engineering opportunities! Search "Ryan Shaw" and you will easily find me.