As a Metallurgist, you will play a crucial role in the manufacturing processes, ensuring excellence in materials choice, product quality, and overall performance. Your extensive metallurgical expertise will drive continuous improvement and contribute to the development of new products. This is a broad position and will give you exposure to all areas of the business and the group across the world. You will be considered a Subject Matter Expert on site in regards to Metallurgy.
Salary: up to £55,000 per annum + benefits + pension
Duties and Responsibilities for Metallurgist:
- A hands on approach to working & communicating with the shopfloor is essential
- Conduct in-depth metallurgical analysis and testing using techniques such as metallography, microscopy, and spectroscopy.
- Interact with vendors supplying foundry materials, tooling and internal simulations
- Project management and OEM customer interaction will be required
- Evaluate and enhance manufacturing processes for optimal material usage, ensuring product quality, performance, and reliability.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance during the development and implementation of new products and processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineers, technicians, and production personnel, to troubleshoot and resolve metallurgical issues.
- Perform failure analysis investigations and identify root cause to develop effective corrective actions and prevent future occurrences.
- Comply with and promote health and safety policies and procedures, ensuring a safe work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science, or an Engineering related field.
- Proven experience as a Metallurgist within a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Aluminium/Non Ferrous Metals is essential to this position
- Comprehensive knowledge of metallurgical principles, techniques, and procedures.
- Familiarity with testing equipment, tools, and processes.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and regulations.
- Eager to learn and keep up with advancements in metallurgy and manufacturing technology.
This is a broad role with excellent opportunities with a Tier 1 business who have a strong order book & have large expenditure planned for the upcoming years. This is a role that can expand considerably and could give you global exposure across the entire group. There is a good salary on offer and a strong benefits package.
Please apply online or contact Sandeep Dhillon for a confidential conversation technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services.