Salary £55,000 to £65,000 per annum , a car allowance of £8,400 and Bonus
Reporting to the General Manager
I am currently representing a well-established, global, fast paced food manufacturing company who operate 24/7 looking for their next SHE Manager.
Seeking a driven, engaging leader to improve the behaviours and culture on site and take them on a journey towards accountability. It is an exciting time to join them as this particular site is going through a period of development and positive change.
This is a role where you can put your own stamp on SHE, take the lead on progressive and innovative projects and be able to really make a positive and radical difference to the workforce
- Key player within the senior leadership team, collaborating across departments
- Create and drive a progressive cultural change programme.
- Coach, mentor and engage the workforce, establish the right positive behaviours and take them on a cultural change journey with the support of the wider senior leadership team
- Design and drive a culture of continuous improvement across the site and encourage positive health and safety behaviours and environmental practice
- Support and align the group SHE Strategy to this site focusing on re-education across the workforce
- Manage and lead the SHE Advisor to ensure effective performance.
- Ensure all Health, Safety and Environment legal requirements, policies, standards, procedures are interpreted, communicated, documented and systems exist to ensure the Business Unit is compliant with current legislation and company policy regarding SHE.
- Develop, implement, maintain, communicate and continuously improve the in house management system, ensuring that all relevant paperwork and reports are completed and issued to relevant parties as required
- Create, implement, monitor and report site SHE performance, analyse trends and develop actions plans to deliver site targets regarding SHE.
- Close training and development gaps for managers, ensuring accountability is encouraged
- Monitor site risk assessment process and provide assistance / advice to site assessors to ensure site risk assessments / safe systems of work are maintained and meet regulatory requirements.
- Co-ordinate Business Unit actions with regard to enforcement authorities / loss adjusters and that any communications are reported to the Head of Operations.
- NEBOSH Certificate is essential but ideally NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a fast paced production / manufacturing / engineering sector
- Experience in improving cultural change and encouraging the right positive behaviours
- Able to translate the technical into practical, usable and simple SHE solutions
- Ideally looking for someone who is confident with the ability to influence, gain buy in, across a fast paced environment
- Hands on and approachable
- Aware of the bigger picture and can drive accountability downwards to the workforce
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration firstname.lastname@example.org // 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.
Sophia Darwin 268