Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location: Dudley, West Midlands
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 + £6k Car Allowance
Are you a dynamic ESG professional ready to make a significant impact on sustainability practices? We have an exciting opportunity for an ESG Manager with one of our esteemed clients. This role involves spearheading ESG initiatives, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and driving positive change in environmental, social, and governance practices.
Role Overview: As an ESG Manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and implementing our client's ESG strategy. Partnering closely with the SHEQ Director, you'll lead initiatives to integrate ESG into all facets of their business, from supplier selection to daily operations. This is your chance to drive positive change and contribute to a commitment to sustainability, social responsibility, and ethical governance.
- ESG Data Collection: Collect, validate, and maintain ESG data related to environmental impact, social initiatives, and governance practices.
- Reporting Support: Prepare ESG reports, ensuring data accuracy, compliance with reporting standards, and timely submissions.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with cross-functional teams for ESG reporting and engagement with stakeholders.
- Environmental Initiatives: Support development and implementation of environmental sustainability programs, including tracking and reporting on energy efficiency, waste reduction, and carbon footprint reduction.
- Social Initiatives: Contribute to social responsibility initiatives, including diversity and inclusion efforts, community engagement, and employee well-being programs.
- Governance Assistance: Promote and monitor ethical governance practices, including the implementation of corporate governance policies.
- Data Analysis: Analyze ESG data and performance metrics to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement.
- Training and Awareness: Raise awareness among employees about ESG principles and practices through training and communication initiatives.
- Documentation and Record Keeping: Maintain accurate records of ESG data, reports, and relevant documentation.
- Research and Benchmarking: Stay informed about ESG trends, benchmarks, and emerging regulations.
- ESG Strategy: Develop and deliver our client’s ESG strategy and road map.
- Accreditations: Own accreditations/legal submissions across our client – SECR, ESOS, BREEAM, etc.
- Data Management: Lead efforts to develop a database with a 'single source of truth' for ESG information.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field.
- Experience: Proven experience in sustainability/ESG, either in consulting or an in-house ESG position.
- Motivational Skills: Ability to motivate and influence teams across the business.
- Project Ownership: Ownership of projects and tasks through to completion.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication with good numerate and modeling skills.
- Interaction: Ability to interact publicly and internally with senior management and stakeholders.
- Industry Impact: Keen to utilize existing knowledge to make a real impact in the built environment and property sector.
- Driving License: Full driving license.