Permanent position: Up to £50,000 + benefits
Hours: Monday-Friday but flexibility is required – 40hrs per week
A Senior Process Food Technologist is required to join one of the fastest moving Food Manufacturers in the UK, at their brand new site in the Northamptonshire area. This is a very exciting opportunity to be part of the set up of a factory, as these kind of opportunities do not come around very often. Your role will also have you working from their London HQ too if required and expenses will be covered.
The role is to follow a set process and product commissioning plan to gather data and complete product trials on different technology at one factory to enable product transfer (as needed) to a new factory (Kettering) following a 12-18 month plan. This role will utilise this expertise to ensure all products transferred to the site launch with excellence, and later support on landing innovation and continuous improvement projects as business-as-usual.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Support the commissioning and product validation of the technology transfer into a new manufacturing facility, delivering against the defined brand and business requirements.
- Provide food science technical expertise for the project; understand the science behind the product, the critical process parameters in its manufacture and how these influence key product attributes.
- Support the product data collection for knowledge transfer; measuring process parameters and product attributes against a statistical measurement plan to build a benchmark of the current products and process.
- Organise and execute lab assessments and factory trials in accordance with the defined validation plan. Completing technical reports with the analysis and interpretation of results, that lead to conclusions and recommendations that inform the project.
- Use food science to troubleshoot issues highlighted during trials and commissioning, working closely with Production and Engineering teams to find solutions.
- Support the handover of product validation to the site team, inputting on factory specification, SOPs and Quality Standards documentation creation.
- For BAU innovation; work closely with cross-functional teams to launch high quality products and packaging which scale efficiently within the factory and are delivered to launch timings. This may include supporting the selection and assessment of new equipment.
- For BAU supply continuity / continuous improvement; work with the Product Development, Process and/or Procurement teams to implement ingredient / packaging changes to ensure continuity and efficiency of supply without impact on product quality or consumer perception.
- Experience in a food / process technologist or R&D Scientist role
- Experience working with comparable products / ingredients is highly desired i.e. dairy, ice cream or bakery
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in food science, technology or engineering
- Product transfer experience is preferred
- A science and data led approach
- Statistical analysis capability
- Self-motivated and excellent communicator
- Understanding of HACCP and site technical standards
Some of the benefits of working here include:
They are a fast-growing and dynamic business, the nature of which means roles and responsibilities can change and grow quickly and at scale. For the right person this represents an opportunity to grow and evolve your role and responsibilities with us and to develop your career at pace.
They will provide you with as much support, guidance, and training as you need and offer an excellent benefits package.
To discuss further please get in touch with Lucy Aspinall at Technical Network, Lucy.email@example.com