Birmingham - field based
£45,000 - £60,000 + £5k car allowance
The HSE Recruitment Network have partnered with a construction and civil engineering company who are looking for a Senior HSE Advisor to act as both a visiting advisor and hands on member of a project team. This is a field based permanent position so this ideal candidate needs to be flexible and willing to travel.
This business support some of the country’s biggest projectst and are winning more contracts so its a great time to join. They are a family-founded business that still operates with the customer focus and values they started with. As the Senior HSE Advisor you'll be a key point of contact for the projects, ensuring they run smoothly, reacting to changes as needed as well as supporting the business in improving core processes and procedures and helping shape the strategic direction.
The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience in a senior construction health & and safety role, working in the project team of high-profile contracts. Experienced in preparing and reviewing RAMS and confident in communication with stakeholders to ensure the implementation of safe working practices. Track record in reducing risk and implementing control measures across the organisation.
The Senior HSE Advisor responsibilities:
- Ensuring standards are clearly defined and understood across the site
- Appropriately advising and supporting the project teams
- Problem solving – cutting through the immediate unsafe act/condition observed
- Delivery briefings to workers
- De-escalating conflicts and focusing on solutions
- Getting interested parties to sit down and talk through challenges arising – facilitating meeting with clients, supply chain, and other interested parties as appropriate
- Working with other functions in the business e.g. HR, Plant
- Engaging the workforce and supply chain
- Implementing measures to prevent recurrence through root cause analysis and problem-solving.
- Health and safety qualification (NEBOSH general certificate and/or construction certificate)
- IOSH Membership (working towards CMIOSH)
- Experience in construction, civils, utilities, or a related industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Measuring performance and evaluating effectiveness of risk controls
- Full driving licence