This is a hands on, shop floor focused role reporting into the site HSE Manager, the same manager who 6 years ago, joined in the same position. This role is 80% health, safety and environmental and 20% facilities. This part of the role ensuring compliance around the facilities teams, HSE responsibility such as making sure compliance around PUWER and LOLER, gas inspections, security etc.
They needs someone he can rely on and who will support in improving performance at this site. The crux of this role is to be a visible, hands on presence on the shop floor, ensuring compliance of HSE on site (the responsibility of which sits with the teams themselves), coaching and advising and when needed, challenging people’s behaviours. You will be fully supported and for the first months will be about getting to know the site, the departments and the operations, information gathering, observing and building up relationships on the shop floor whilst also getting involved in CAPEX projects.
Key responsibilities associated with the role:
- Responsible for Day-to-day safety and risk reduction across the Plant.
- Working with Managers and employees to maintain a HSE system that promotes a culture of safe working practices across the Plant.
- Managing incident report, investigation, and risk notification compliance, and monitoring implementation of corrective actions.
- Responsible for the safety audit process across the Plant.
- Supporting the plant in Zero harm implementation, site audits, review of risk assessments across the plant.
- Working with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance in health, safety, and environment, in addition to training compliance.
- Review and maintain site facilities in respect to health, safety, and environment, and manage site security.
- Ensuring Plant policies, procedures, and practices are up to date and effectively communicated, in addition to supporting the UK HSE Manager in implementing company policy across the facility.
- Ensuring all inspections are completed within specific timescales and monitoring remedial actions.
- Maintain HSE reporting systems, producing daily, weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Support and review Engineering projects and Capex.
- Conduct HSE inductions for contractors and new starters.
Experience and attributes required:
- Experience working as a HSE Advisor/ Officer/ Coordinator.
- NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum.
- Background in manufacturing is essential.
- Hands on and confident on the shop floor.
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
This is a Monday to Friday role, paying up to £38,000. Package - 26 days holiday + BH (some of these will be allocated for shutdown), pension, potential quarterly cash bonus dependant on company performance
If you think this is of interest, please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org