£45000 per annum
Sites based in Swansea (main base), Plymouth and Newport
Base Salary; £45,000 per annum (potentially flexible for the right candidate) + Benefits inc, company car, supportive training and development programme, competitive pension scheme, life assurance x 4 and 50% income protection.
Seeking a Health, Safety, Environmental and Risk Manager to support three small sites for a large and sustainable multinational packaging manufacturing company. No direct reports and reporting to a Group/ Sector Group HSER Manager. Looking to hire an experienced and hands on HSER Manager who is able to lead with gravitas, influence and engage the workforce and additional stakeholders and “raise the bar” for HSER across 3 sites.
• Support all levels of management, to implement the necessary activities and actions to develop the HSER culture of the sites.
• Ensure that the business has the right skills, processes, materials, information and procedures to consistently meet legislative requirements, customer requirements and the standards established by formal management systems (e.g. ISO 14001, 50001 and 45001).
• Develop and build relationships at all levels of the organisation
• Experienced training skills to provide a personal touch when coaching employees on behaviours and actions to achieve a strong safety culture
• Support the development of the annual HSE plan
• Monitor monthly KPIs and target
• Be a representative of the HSER management systems; manage the internal and external audit schedule and oversee technical risk assessments (e.g. PUWER and COSHH)
• Act as a the point of contact for HSER communications with regulators and insurers.
Key personality traits;
• A positive and competent professional who leads with gravitas
• Confident and open communication style
• Able to engage and influence at a stakeholder levels
• Able to support the sites strategically and be visible across the 3 locations
Essential qualifications and experience;
• Multisite management skills
• Change management skills
• Cultural change and behavioural safety
• Fast moving manufacturing background, ideally high risk
• NEBOSH certificate as a minimum
• GradIOSH as a minimum
Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org // 0121 454 5000