£35000 - £36000 per annum
FMC Network are currently recruiting for a Static BMS Engineer to join the Maintenance team at a outstanding site in Milton Keynes.
Reporting directly to the Contracts Manager, you will be expected to take full responsibility for the building maintenance systems across the site. As part of this role, you will be required to work a rotating shift pattern Monday-Friday (7am-3.30pm and 09.30am -6pm) but take a flexible approach depending on site demand and needs. You will need to ensure the smooth running of the site where maintenance requirements are
About the role
• Carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance and complete the appropriate paperwork and reports.
• Carrying out Reactive and emergency breakdown tasks and complete the associated paperwork.
• Being on a call out rota to provide the client with full out of hours cover. One week in five.
• Assisting other team members when required or as directed from the Contracts Manager.
• Attend client meetings as necessary and have valued input into the BMS systems moving forward.
• Ensuring that all tasks are completed within the contractual time scales and that KPIs are met.
• Proactively reduce energy consumption on site assisting to achieve its 5% reduction target, year on year.
• Overseeing and working closely with the BMS sub-contractor who attends site two days a week.
• Adopting a flexible attitude in relation to assisting the Contract Manager and other team members.
• Carrying out all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Understanding and completing all work related documentation accurately and on time.
• Carrying out work in a safe and diligent manner.
• Complying with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
Who are we looking for?
Qualified to City & Guilds Level II/III or equivalent in relevant disciplines to role of BMS engineer
• Have extensive knowledge of BMS systems
• Experience of electrical/mechanical maintenance, testing & fault finding on a variety of equipment including heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
• Experience of working within static role desirable.
• An understanding of Service Level Agreements (SLA's), service targets and objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
• Knowledge of Health & Safety and safe working practices.
• Strong customer care focus.
• Good communication skills.
• Proactive approach.
• Able to anticipate and/or diagnose and repair faults.
• Capable of completing essential paperwork in accurate and timely manner.
• Full UK Drivers licence.
What will you get?
You will receive a rewarding £36,000 for this role, securing a permanent position plus holiday package.
The Facilities Management company that this is with is an extremly supportive and always has positive feedback and low staff turnover.