Do you want to join a growing and progressive company who are one of the UK’s largest vehicle safety equipment suppliers to the heavy plant sector?
Do you thrive best when working for a smaller, yet reputable company but also want the financial security of being paid above market rate?
If so, Elite Consultancy Network have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are leading the search for a Technical Engineer to join one of the UK’s largest vehicle safety equipment suppliers to the heavy plant sector. Perhaps you’re currently an Engineer looking for a new challenge? Or are an experienced Technical Advisor looking to join a company who have really made their mark in the world of construction?
What’s involved in the role
- Carry out pre installation guides on customer vehicles
- Develop and control the specification documents from design through to training
- Offer support to internal sales and service teams on issues that arise on products
- Support the warranty & workshop supervisor when dealing with warranty issues
- Ensure that any service alerts are drawn up and issued timely
- Support the design and build of new product lines / ideas from point of idea through to build.
- Attend customers sites to help design and implement new systems.
- Develop and manage a high performing team to maximise opportunities.
- Oversee the training and development of new and existing plant engineers
- Support the marketing team when launching new products ensuring technical information is correct prior to going live.
- Book in and allocate training requirements as and when required to do so, look at growing the external training offering to generate additional revenue
- West Midlands based with national travel
What you will need
- Knowledge of vehicle safety systems including camera systems, autobraking and telematics
- Experience of working within a technical function that includes install, warranty, programming and fault finding
- Good understanding of CAD design or alike
- Demonstrate a good understanding of reading and designing complex schematics
- Confident to investigate and challenge poor workmanship
- Knowledge of equipment working within the heavy plant sector
- Commercial awareness
- Highly organised
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
- Good time management skills and work ethic
- Wants to be part of a dynamic team and make a difference
- IT literate including Microsoft, Sage, Google and email
- Full UK driving Licence
- Desired experience working with suppliers both worldwide and UK based
What’s on offer
- Company car/van
- Company phone and laptop
- Training and progression opportunities