Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 Basic, Overtime Available, Laptop, Company Pension Scheme, 25 Days Holiday Plus Bank Holidays, Flexible Working Hours, Free Canteen & Parking onsite.
We have a brand new opening for a Workshop Manager to come onboard a highly successful and continuously growing, independent rental company based in Bedfordshire. This is an organisation that pride themselves on their family feel culture, clean working conditions, and high standards of customer service! With free parking and a food canteen onsite, this is an environment where you’ll be appreciated, supported and rewarded!
As Workshop Manager, your role will be split between managing a team of technicians, overseeing the running of a busy workshop, and offering hands on technical support from time to time when needed.
Responsibilities of the Role:
• Manage the daily workshop operations, ensuring hire items are inspected, cleaned, tested and repaired to ensure availability of items is optimised and breakdowns are minimised.
• Seek to continuously improve our systems and processes to grow the business, drive improvements to the customer experience and improve efficiency.
• Manage the ordering of parts, ensuring efficient stock levels are maintained and repairs are not delayed.
• Management of the workshop team including performance, absence and overtime.
• Implementation and monitoring of the KPI’s within the Service Department
• Provide technical support and assistance within the workshop when required.
Requirements of Role:
• Previous experience of Managing a Team within a Service Department is essential
• Hold a formal Engineering Qualification / Technical Background
• The ideal candidate will come from a Plant Hire, Tool Hire, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering background
If you are someone who fits the above requirements and would like to find out more about this opportunity, please speak to Zoe Mansfield - 0121 450 5000 - firstname.lastname@example.org