Executive Network Groups’ Logistics & Transport division is currently searching for a buyer with experience in global sourcing, supplier and inventory management
Salary: Circa £35,000
The ideal Buyer will have experience in:
• Experience of developing, implementing, and managing supplier relationships for both commodity and technical products
• Experience of global sourcing, supplier and inventory management
• Excellent negotiating skills and ability to establish effective supplier agreements
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• A good knowledge of QA systems and supplier audits
• Understanding of materials used in the manufacturing of adhesive goods
• Ability to identify and communicate risk (Service, Quality, Health & Safety and Financial)
• Ability to recommend and implement plans and actions to mitigate risk
• Excellent organisational skills
• Computer literate and numerate including ability to use MS Office to intermediate standards
• Good analytical and reporting skills
Will be responsible for areas such as:
• To establish and maintain good working relationships with assigned suppliers.
• To ensure that assigned suppliers are aware of the business objectives and that development plans are developed and agreed with the appropriate suppliers
• To ensure that current and potential suppliers can supply the required materials, factored goods and services on terms that are acceptable to the company and to take action to resolve any situations where this ceases to be the case.
• Where dual sourcing is the agreed approach for a particular raw material or factored product ensure that appropriate agreements are in place and communicated to all required to implement them.
• Ensuring that staff responsible for ordering are aware of preferred sources and that purchases are made in accordance with agreed priorities.
The right candidate will be proactive with an ability to seek out commercial opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
This role is offering great progression opportunities for a highly driven individual who seeks to explore their potential.
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply or email email@example.com